Homebuyers and Homeowners
Here at Finance New Orleans, we recognize that the process of purchasing a home and then protecting your investment can be overwhelming, but help is available. Finance New Orleans is pleased to announce many established partnerships with lenders, local counseling agencies* as well as eHome America, an online platform that provides education for first-time homebuyers.
Through these partnerships, you will learn about understanding credit, shopping for a loan, preparing for expenses, getting a mortgage loan, managing finances, as well as information about maintaining your new property after you become a homeowner.
In order to qualify for Finance New Orleans’s current program, there are 2 steps to complete.
STEP 1: Complete Homebuyer Education
Homebuyer Education includes a credit evaluation in addition to one or more of these courses:
- First Time Homebuyers Course – for first time homebuyers.
- Landlord Training – for homebuyers who finance a duplex.
- Coming Soon! Green Maintenance Training – for first-time homebuyers or existing homeowners who complete energy- efficient mortgage, (EEM), upgrades, or 203(k) streamline renovations.
You can attend any of these courses in-person. For details, please contact one of our affiliated agencies.
If you prefer online education, you can only register and complete the First-time Homebuyer Education Course via eHome America.
Once you register, you will be able to choose one of our approved counseling agencies who will assist with providing information about program eligibility, and will also provide a copy of your first-time homebuyer certificate upon completion of online course.
To register for the online class, sign up on the Finance New Orleans eHome America page. Then follow these steps:
- Click “Select” under the name of the course provider closest to you.
- Click the button next to “individual” or “couple.”
- Click “Submit.”
- Fill in the online registration form.
Remember, only first-time homebuyers’ education is offered via eHome America. If you’re not a first-time homebuyer, you may attend an in-person course.
STEP 2: Choose your Lender
Once you have selected a Participating Lender(s):
- Please contact Finance New Orleans to provide us with your participating lender choice(s).
- Finance New Orleans will contact the lender on your behalf
- Lender will then contact you to discuss program eligibility and the mortgage application process.
Finance New Orleans will continue to expand options for homebuyers and owners in collaboration with local industry experts.